Fortune 500 companies rely on ADAPT TECHNOLOGY'S technical staffing services for their design and engineering recruitment needs. We can find the perfect fit for you because of our commitment to both our candidates and clients. Join the Tech Team today and make solid connections.
Just email us to apply:
Project leader in the Program Management and APQP process. Provide continuous Engineering support to production.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Post Secondary Education (Undergraduate Degree or Community College Diploma) in one of the following:
- Manufacturing (Tooling)
- 5 years' experience in manufacturing/tooling; 3 years program management experience; P. Eng or P.M.P. designation preferred
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Catia, UG)
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to interact with the Management Team in a professional manner to continually enhance the company's performance
- Desire to learn the business, understand the production process by walking the floor, and participating in production meetings
- A complete hands on approach is required to assist the plant in developing into a successful and profitable division of the company, a multi-billion dollar company
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and a team leader
- Ability to manage and direct subordinates on the day-to-day tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to mentor and guide subordinates to achieve overall departmental goals and objectives
- Respecting and understanding of the Customer/Supplier relationship
- Adopt a common sense approach to identifying and addressing problems and control weaknesses
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Act as project leader in the program management and APQP process
- Determine and monitor all project goals
- Develop and conduct project feasibility studies for designs and achieve key milestone dates
- Document project management checklist and approvals (procedure #4.2)
- Recommend and prepare release documents for prototypes, new projects, pilots, engineering changes and miscellaneous orders
- Requisition tooling, capital and try-out material for projects
- Provide customer support on an as needed basis
- Follow up all facets of the project from cell layout, launch and run at rate
- Assist in preparing Quotations
- Value analysis and value engineering ideas
- Monitor and assist suppliers on meeting project goals
- Assess and implement continuous improvement projects in relation to current or future project planning
- University Degree, Community College diploma and/or 5 Years of materials and logistics management experience in a related field
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- High level of organizational, time management skills and the ability to lead a team in a busy work environment
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, MS Project etc) knowledge of CMS an asset
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Code
- Responsible for materials, presses scheduling, inventory, shipping, receiving and warehousing.
- Review with scheduling department to ensure on time delivery to internal and external customers
- Oversee and maintain inventory levels of materials to meet targets as set by management
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure physical inventory counts are effective and accurate
- Ensure proper planning and control for all areas of responsibility in Materials department (e.g. labour, overtime, equipment, travel etc)
- Champion of Department Continuous improvement program: provide input and ensure completion of CI project
- Achieve goals and objectives that are set out each year
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expenses
- Ensure updated assessments are conducted on press capacity and warehouse storage
- Monitors current status of customers releases and shipments and communicates potential shortages to Operations Department and/or customers
- Prepare management reports on the status of customer deliveries, inventory turn, inventory levels and other reports as required
Farmington Hills, MI USA
Medical, Dental, Vision
- Candidate must be strong in Solidworks
- CAD Test will be mandatory upon interviewing
- Great Mechanical aptitude
- Experience Complex Assemblies
- Engineering BOM, GD&T, etc.
- Team Player!
Ann Arbor, MI USA
Medical, Dental, Vision
- Candidate must be strong in Catia, Senior Level!
- Extensive experience with Plastics is a MUST!
- Extensive experience in Interior Trim Automotive Parts
- Class A Surface
- Concept through Production
- Team Player!
Troy, MI USA
****CANDIDATE WILL BE TESTED ON CAD UPON INTERVIEW*****
Seeking an experienced Senior Designer to support recently acquired projects, with experience in either NX or Catia. Teamcenter experience is a plus. This candidate will need to have proven experience designing interior and BIW components.
Please apply if you:
- Associates degree is required
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Design parts and systems in a manner which reflects the forming processes and capabilities of the manufacturing and assembly tooling
- Has expert command and knowledge of UG software
- Are able to create conceptual class "A" surface from scans, point clouds, surfaces, master sections
- Familiar with stamping, welding, hydroform die, casting and machining, and GD&T
- Understands automotive structure
- Able to create 2D drawings complete with enough data to ensure part can be manufactured, quoted, or gauged functionally
Continuous Improvement Manager
City of Jackson, MI USA
Medical, Dental, Vision
Basic Purpose of Position: The Site Lean Manager will champion and drive implementation of enterprise strategies, including Lean Enterprise implementation, to achieve significant and sustained results to bottom-line profitability. The individual will be a change agent accustomed to implementing a data driven, team-oriented culture which embraces continuous improvement and ensures across-the-board operational and process excellence implementation in all business functions.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Lead teams within all operations areas in order to achieve manufacturing and process improvement goals. Specific key responsibilities include:
- Provide effective change management and leadership in implementing the company’s Lean Enterprise strategy.
- Current state identification
- Improvement opportunity Identification
- Future state development (6 month, 12 month, 18 month strategy)
- Implementation roadmap ownership
- Mentor and train individuals/teams on Lean Enterprise Implementation and serve as a subject matter expert and resource.
- Program Manage annual cost reduction plans.
- Facilitate improvement events and train/coach/mentor other team members in facilitation.
- Establish budgets supporting Lean Enterprise activities, track performance vs. budget, and analyze/evaluate options to maximize value-added results.
- Provide leadership to others and serve as a technical subject expert and resource.
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- Strong roots in production, expert knowledge in Lean Enterprise concepts, who has built a track record of clear and significant personal impact of Lean transformation in production settings.
- College Graduate; technical or business degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience with demonstrated change agent credentials (a proven track record of successfully leading change initiatives) and ability to work well with all levels of employees, from hourly associates to senior level management.
- Certified Lean Champion or Six Sigma Blackbelt
- Strong leadership attributes with the ability to motivate and lead significant change processes with and through others.
- Excellent leadership skills in cross-functional, team-based environment, with the ability to effectively communicate and facilitate through encouragement, motivation and inspiration at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working for a medical device manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of financial measurements and goals that can be directly correlated to Lean implementation.
- Expertise in Lean Enterprise principles and the strategic and tactical application of appropriate tools - demonstrated ability to use and effectively instruct in the proper use of Lean principles such as value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, poka-yoke, heijunka, SMED, Sales & Operations Planning (Inventory Control), etc.
- Successful leadership of Kaizen events.
- It is understood that certain minimum requirements are not tested for but monitored for competent capability during the employee’s indoctrination period.
Waterford, MI USA
$60,000 to $90,000 Annually
401K, Medical, Vision, Dental
Perform Engineering, CAD & Project Management tasks on integrated door systems.
**** Team player with Engineering, Test, Build, and Solid-works, CAD experience. ****
- Engineering - Project management, hands on, manufacturing/build,testing, prototype, feasibility, development, validation, risk assessment, quality functions, supplier integration and maintain work-flow from engineering through the production floor.
- Solid-works CAD Skills – Manage PDM, 3D models & 2D detail drawings
- Create & Maintain Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Once you learn procedures/processes, be able to guide and mentor staff.
- Creativity - Thinking outside the box and coming up with innovative new ideas.
- Organized with good attention to detail
- Teamwork is very important!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve designs of existing integrated components and systems.
- Maintain test lab and laboratory test documents.
- Support manufacturing with problem solving or solutions related to products, processes or manufacturing tools.
- Maintain secured document vault and design control within Solid Works operating system.
- Participate in BHMA meetings and discussions.
- Work with and manage supplier assigned tasks/projects
- Recommend system software, hardware and other process tool improvements.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Reports directly to the CEO. Works closely with Director of Operations. No direct reports to start.
Other key elements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, yet equivalent proven relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Manufacturing plant experience preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in product design and development.
- Experience with complex assemblies, parts and BOM management.
- Experience with sheet metal, 3D printing, and extrusions preferred.
- Electrical Experience: Wiring, controls, servos, motors, switches, boards, etc…preferred.
- Experience taking a project from concept through production preferred.
Great opportunity within a team environment and positive culture. Our associates are valued!
Jamestown, NY USA
Vision, Medical, Dental
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, or Chemistry
- Technical person between product and supply base. The gap between concept-PPAP and turned over to Quality assurance.
- Must be experienced with Chrome Plating for Decorative Trim. This is Chrome Plating over Metal, these products will be aesthetically pleasing.
- Knowledgeable in Plastics, overseeing subcontract plastic injection molding, coating. IE Headlamp coating, thermal or UV.
- Looking for 3+ Years of experience.
Auburn Hills, MI USA
Vision, Dental, Medical, 401K
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot tool problems in concept and on the shop floor
- Performs conventional machining as follows: Lathe work – turning, drilling, threading; Tool Sharpening; Mill work; Surface grinding; Welding; Drilling; Tapping/Threading; Polishing
- Performs conventional machining, spotting, timing, completion of details and assembly of molds
- Perform revisions, repairs and upgrades to molds or dies
- Proficient operation of all machines and tools necessary to perform mold or die build and repair functions
- Review prints and programs and develop process to complete job
- Maintain quality of parts through inspection and communication with fellow teammates
- Work with the designers, programmers, and assemblers to produce/repair the necessary components
- Identify process and equipment problems, and suggest improvements
- Work with apprentices to upgrade their skill levels
- Ability to operate all in-house machine shop equipment to rework worn or damaged tooling and fabricate simple tooling
- Ability to determine best methods and procedures to determine causes of mold defects, as well as correct and prevent actions. Knowledge of typical mold functions
- Ability to work in a steady professional manner with little or no supervision required.
- Knowledge and understanding of plastic processing requirements for molds such as venting, heating, cooling and polishing.
- Mechanical knowledge and skills to safely, effectively and efficiently to disassemble, clean, troubleshoot and reassemble 50 to 75% of company’s active molds.
- Ability to measure and calculate basic tooling stack ups to determine component preloads and clearances and verify print dimensions.
- Familiarity with hot runner function basic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques like probe tip cleaning removal and reworking basic electrical troubleshooting of probes heaters thermal couplers and manifolds.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required
- Ability to read and interpret part and mold designs in CAD. Ability to read and understand procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs
- Ability to use inspection tools such as micrometers, indicators, Vernier calipers, optical comparator, etc.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of staff
PLC Controls Engineer
Jackson, MI USA
401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
- Post-Secondary Education- Electro-Mechanical Technician Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Fanuc robots and Bosch controllers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of technical controls and strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Trouble shoot equipment consisting of weld controllers, robotics and programmable logic controllers
- Design electrical and electronic circuits
- Program PLC's, AC/DC drives and Servo Drives
- Modify robot, PLC programs and machine screen interfaces
- Equipment maintenance
- Change welding consumables as needed
- Trouble shoot and repair equipment components
- Adjust MIG and spot welding schedule adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with codes, standards and legislation: Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments and Occupational Health and Safety Act
Decision Making and Authority:
- Quantities measurables
- Review and troubleshoot downtime issues
- Work with Production, Quality to help reduce cycle times
- 20% office,80% plant floor (PPE required)
- Frequent requirement of handling heavy operation equipment
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company
Must have experience with Allen Bradley, RSLOGIX 5000, SLC500, and Devicenet
Quality Assurance Engineer
ADAPT Technology City of Jackson, MI USA
Dental, Medical, Vision
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH STAMPING, WELDING, AND ASSEMBLY, others not need apply. Thank you!
- Responsible for trouble shooting root cause analysis and SPC data analysis
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) of assigned programs and ensuring all related documentations are up to date
- Conduct capability studies and gauge R & R analysis
- Creating quality documents in compliance with the company's quality system requirements
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) of assign programs
- Coordinate and responsible for PPAP submissions within specified timeframe
- To review and make recommendations for the disposition of non-conforming products
- Assist in variability reduction, process improvement and continuous improvement related to critical characteristics
- To notify internal and external customers of potential problems and make recommendations for resolutions
- Responsible for the successful project completion via participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, safety concerns, unsuitability of standard material and difficult coordination requirements
- Coordinates project activities with other department's personnel to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system & initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity, stop production if necessary to correct quality problems
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Ensure good housekeeping for the department and that all areas responsible are tidy and organized at all times
- Contribute to continuous improvement ideas and to encourage co-workers to do the same
- College, University or recognized technical institute and/or minimum 3 years of work experience in a related field in a stamping and welding facility
- Excellent English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Advance knowledge in computer software for windows
- Good knowledge of GD&T, blue print reading based on OEM and Japanese Standard
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Familiar with TS16949 / ISO14001 quality and environmental management standards an asset
- Automotive experience required
- Product and process knowledge of suspension, structural – BIW, Class A, etc
Software Engineer-Brushless DC Motor Controller
Troy, MI USA
Dental, 401K, Vision, Medical
Seeking a Software Engineer that has extensive experience with Brushless DC Motor Controllers.
Mapping, R&D, Logical Product, Eng - Team.
Looking to hire ASAP
Can be direct, or contract to direct.
Tool and Die Maker
Jackson, MI USA
Dental, 401K, Vision, Medical
Tool and Die Maker-
MUST BE OPEN TO 2nd or 3rd SHIFT!!
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess Government issued Tool and Die Maker certificate of qualification, indicating completion of Government apprenticeship.
- Minimum 5 (Five) years jobbing shop experience in automotive.
- Possess own tool and die equipment.
- Good understanding of International Standards Organization (ISO).
- Knowledge of Quality Systems (QS).
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) skills.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate and work with fellow employees in a professional and respectful manner.
- Capable of operating all Tool Room equipment.
- Capable of reading and interpreting tool & die drawings.
- To effectively develop and produce New Build tooling components as per detail drawings.
- To produce accurate progressive, transfer and prototyping tool and die components as per drawings provided.
- To competently operate all Tool Room equipment.
- To assist in quoting and design activities as required.
- Record daily job numbers and hours at computer terminal in designated area. All data must be entered into COSS manufacturing system.
- Other duties required in order to accommodate the customer.
- Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities to your supervisor as required
- Comply with Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Comply with company rules, regulations and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Provide and/or participate in training as required
- Decision Making and Authority:
- Communicate with employees and management staff as required
- Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to your supervisor
- Participate and contribute to effective production efficiency
- To work effectively and timely under minimal supervision.
- To troubleshoot tool and die failures.
- Working Conditions:
- 99% plant floor (PPE required)
- Occasional travel may be required due to tool tryout, training and other Corporate requirements.
- Perform compulsory overtime as necessary and in accordance with legislative requirements
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) particularly the "Duties of Workers" as stated in section 28.
- Comply with the Workplace Safety Insurance Act (WSIB)
- Comply with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Comply with Health and Safety rules, policies and procedures
- Safety glasses and safety shoes must be worn at all times in the plant.
- Be aware of moving lift trucks at all times.
- Hearing protection must be worn in the press room at all times.
- All employees are prohibited from working under dies which are suspended from hoists, cranes or forklifts.
- Perform other duties as required